Hippity hop, foodies! Something special has popped up at Shangri-La Kuala Lumpur and you don’t want to miss it. Until November 24th, Executive Chef Olivier Pistre beckons you to enjoy a lavish and fantasy-filled culinary experience inspired by the Five Elements — Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal and Water. His dishes are scrumptious, inventive, and presented in one of the most artistically playful manners I’ve seen in ages.
Your taste buds will sing and your eyes will dance as you walk through the doors into a magical Avatar-esque world of pop up fine dining. Chef Olivier’s menu will delight all five of your senses, trust me on this!
Five Elements at Lafite Shangri-La Kuala Lumpur
As you’ll see in the video, Earth is my element, but the delights of Water and Metal called more to my heartstrings. From the most delicious trio as my starter and a perfectly grilled octopus for the main, to a sweet plate of cherry delights for dessert …. I loved everything, without a single note or comment for this review that isn’t pure praise!~Angela
Cocktails – RM65
- WOOD: Negroniwoods (Gin, Sweet Vermouth, Campari, Grand Marnier Soaked Wood Chips)
- METAL: Metal Fizz (Absolu Elyx Vodka, Dry White Wine, Elderflower Cordial, Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice, Club Soda)
- WATER: Aguador (Tequila, Blue Curacao, Lime Juice, Sugar Syrup, Dash of Club Soda, Herbs Ice Ball)
- EARTH: Planet Sazerac (Rye Whisky, Absinthe, Peychand’s Bitters, Sugar, Sazerac (Bottle spray))
- FIRE: Inferno (Jamaican Rum, Grapefruit, Lime Juice, Sugar Syrup, Sambuca)
There’s also a perfectly curated wine pairing selection per element and per course that is a MUST!
- WOOD: Escargot Cromesquis / Thai Salad & Spicy Shrimp
- METAL: Mussels Sauce Poulette / Pommes Grenailles
- WATER: Confit Tomato with Lemon / Herb Jus Injection / Red Capsicum Coulis / Ricotta Espuma, Basil Pesto, Crispy Foccacia / Cadoret Oyster
- EARTH: Duck Rillette / Chicken Egg Parfait & Sorrel Sauce
- FIRE: Marinated, Grilled Hokkaido Scallops & Tiger Prawn / Smoked Celeriac & Granny Smith Remoulade
- WOOD: Black Truffle Stuffed with Corn Fed Chicken or Atlantic Sea Bream
- METAL: Red Snapper or Slow Cooked Spicy Lamb Shoulder
- WATER: Grilled Octopus or Australian Beef Short Rib
- EARTH: Roasted Quail / Arborio Rice & Black Truffle or Seared Arctic Char
- FIRE: Rosemary Smoked “Hokkaido” Scallop or French Duck Breast & Foie Gras
- WOOD: Artisanal Cheese from France
- METAL: Cherrie’s Surprise
- WATER: Candied Lemon
- EARTH: Valrhona << MANJARI >> 64% Grand Cru Chcolate
- FIRE: Omelette Norwegienne Edition 2018 Flambé with Rum
RSVP for Five Elements
- Hashtags for this special pop up experience: #whatsyourelment #shangrilakl
- For more details, visit their website
- Price is RM260 nett and you’ll want to add on your wine pairing, it was fab!
- Available Monday to Friday for lunch from 12noon to 2.30pm and Monday to Saturday for dinner from 7pm- 10.30pm
- For reservations, call 03-2074 3900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to follow Shangri-La Kuala Lumpur on Facebook and Instagram