Come explore remote Sarawak with me on a fabulously FUN (and very traditional) Malaysian long boat! I woke up at the crack of dawn to be the 1st boat out in the water that day and it was the best early wake up I’ve had in years. My fabulous guide Steve met me at the private docks at Mulu Marriott Resort & Spa and we were on the river before anyone else that day in Gunung Mulu National Park! This meant that I was was able to capture video of Cave of the Winds and Clearwater Cave in the UNESCO World Heritage Site as explorers did when it was first discovered … without another living soul around.
This was one of my favourite travel days in ages, especially since we headed out so early and I was able to catch a glimpse into real village life along the Sungai Melinau Paku River (do check it out)!Mulu Marriott took care of all the organisation and I once again had the charming and knowledgeable Steve Duloi as my private guide.
Tours & Cost – Mulu National Park
Originally posted on my personal blog ExpatAngela.com
- Penan Settlement, Cave of the Winds and Clearwater Cave: Takes around 3 hours from Mulu Marriott
- Private Tour with Mulu Marriott that includes Deer & Lang Cave + Clearwater & Wind Cave costs MYR 548 net for adults / 326 net for children and includes Park entrance, guide fee, boat transfer, survival kit (torch, poncho, water, snack, sling bag), and picnic lunch at Clearwater Cave (Chosen from à la carte menu)
- Group Tour / Family Tour with Mulu Marriott (maximum 7 guests) that includes Deer & Lang Cave + Clearwater & Wind Cave costs MYR 373 net for adults / 175 net for children and includes Park entrance, guide fee, boat transfer, survival kit (torch, poncho, water, snack, sling bag), and picnic lunch at Clearwater Cave (Chosen from à la carte menu)
- Check out the fees for Mulu National Park and all the information you need to plan your trip
- Be sure to follow the Sarawak Tourism Board on Facebook and Instagram. For more information on Sarawak and things to do during your Borneo adventure, check out their website.
© 2017, Angela Carson and LuxuryBucketList.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.