I’m fast becoming a huge fan of Airbnb here in Malaysia. More and more properties are popping up in the luxury and ‘something special’ space …. and that’s what I have to show you with these two Penang Airbnb condo tours. “DELUXE SUITE @STRAITS QUAY SEAVIEW” by Airbnb host Cherie sleeps four and offers up luxury living above the yacht club marina at Straits Quay with the most lovely wraparound terrace I’ve seen so far in Penang. The other is the “Charming Seaview Duplex Georgetown” by Airbnb hosts Alvin & Danny, a cheaper, budget condo that sleeps eight but with a truly dramatic view from inside the condo.
My Penang Airbnb Review
Since my only other Airbnb reviews have been in Malacca, I’m learning what I like best about them exclusively in Malaysia. Because of that on this trip I specifically chose sea views because I can’t have that at home Kuala Lumpur. Also, I hand-picked properties that have lots of places to eat and drink around them. So here is my feedback from the stays:
Straits Quay (RM 498/night)
I slept really well here and loved the location. My only negative comment is that the living and dining room furniture are a bit old fashioned but that was easily overlooked.
- Gorgeous luxury location, with sea views that are framed by yachts and lovely buildings
- Surrounded by tons of cafes, restaurants and bars (including a Starbucks!)
- Totally equipped kitchen that’s perfectly suited even for a small dinner party (and it’s squeaky clean not only in the kitchen but throughout the entire condo)
- The bathtub and expansive closets (I forgot to shoot video of closets, sorry!) made the master bedroom feel like home instead of a rental
- Balcony chairs turned the veranda into a picturesque happy hour and morning coffee spot!
- Refrigerated mineral water for guests was a nice touch
Maritime Suite (RM 326/night)
I slept well here also. My biggest complaint were the small things like the sponge and kitchen towels weren’t clean and there was no kitchen roll to avoid using them. Given that, I chose not to use the kitchen and I ate out for all meals and drank from bottles.
- Great view from this breathtaking double height ceiling
- Surrounded by tons of affordable restaurants and cafes, including one bar (there’s even a mini mart below the building).
- Playful and modern furnishings and décor
- Super fast wifi
- Great for groups of friends or a family
© 2017, Angela Carson and LuxuryBucketList.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.