In This Koh Samui Luxury Guide Video >>
- Bangkok Airways will likely be your airline. They fly on-time, serve complimentary hot meals in economy, and Samui is seriously the coolest small airport I’ve ever seen.
- Mantra Samui Resort & Spa is chilled and ideally situated on the island. Check them out on Facebook or their website, they were the perfect home base for exploring Samui for a week.
- Hop on a Clear Water sunset cruise via Samui Private Yacht, which I rented for 2 hours but their full day rate is super reasonable.
- Reserve a sunken lounge experience at W Samui for a WooBar sunset session.
- Definitely hit Fisherman’s Village night market (there is no official FB page or website).
- While I went to The Jungle Club for a killer bloody mary and breakfast, my friend Terry who lives there says it’s a top spot for sunsets so add it to your list for sunset sessions. Call ahead and reserve a beanbag 😉
- …and you should definitely take a half-day tour but the company I had contracted was so terrible I returned back to Mantra after only 2 stops so I can not recommend them.
Where To Stay on Koh Samui
There are a wonderful amount of luxury hotels and resorts, with the world’s best brands staking out a perfect stretch of beach or hillside from which to pamper guests. Picking one that is situated well for all of the adventures you’ll get up to is key and will make a huge difference in how much time you spend in a vehicle on days you’re off the property. My choice was the modern and lovely Mantra Resort on the North side of the island and it was perfect! Full review launching in a few days, will link to it 🙂
Best Sunset Sessions on Koh Samui
One thing you’ll notice straight away is that Koh Samui has a well deserved reputation for its sunsets … and searching out the best sunset spots is good fun. You’ll want to mix it up between chilling on a beanbag high up on a hillside, sipping mescal cocktails at a swank bar, and hopping aboard Samui Private Yacht to sip Champagne and catch the sunset from out at sea.
Dining & Entertainment
There are fun night markets and bouncy areas for dining out and dancing ’til dawn, too. Some felt quite upscale and compared in my mind to Seminyak, with wonderful places for a bit of romance or tapas and sangria de cava on the beach. While others I avoided that looked a whole lot more like Kuta (a bit scrappier). And of course because it is Thailand, there are fun cabaret shows to take in like the must-visit Starz Cabaret, (sadly all cabaret venues and clubs were closed when I was there because of the King’s funeral but Starz Cabaret is the one to visit when you go).
Bangkok Airways built the airport about 30 years ago and hand-on-my-heart it is the BEST small airport I have ever flown into or out of in the 32 countries I’ve visited so far. It’s charming and cute, the service level is exceptional, they have created a village feel to the departure zone, and there’s a cool bar with a tiki hut vibe. Check it out at the end of the video!
My Leica VLOGGING KIT
– Leica V-Lux Camera with 4K video and 25 – 400mm zoom from YL Camera Malaysia
– Selfie moments:shot on my iPhone using a leather and gold MOMAX Selfie Pro stick
– Music: epidemicsound.com
– Black on black Billingham Hadley One Bag
© 2017, Angela Carson and LuxuryBucketList.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.