When it comes to a romantic, idyllic island view that’ll take your breath away, I’d struggle to imagine a more perfect retreat than Mantra Samui Resort. To reach this hilltop paradise you travel up a snakelike path to a lush, green summit. From there you step onto a modern resort that feels minimalist, zen, and yet homey all at the same time. There’s a lovely infinity pool, a gym, spa, restaurant and bar, and I even saw a kids club (although I didn’t see any children, which for me was a bonus). This luxury 5-star hotel is set in a prime position for waking up early to watch the sunrise on your balcony, snuggled up in a cozy robe, and sipping coffee … and it’s perfectly situated to explore the island and close to many of the main tourist attractions. Check it out:
Why You’ll Love Mantra Samui Resort
- The View, The View THE VIEW!!! Honestly, it is spectacular and anytime I think about my trip to Koh Samui I am instantly transported back onto my terrace. I visited other 5-star luxury hotels and none had a view as impressive as Mantra. It made not having beach access totally irrelevant to my stay, I didn’t miss it at all.
- The Spa! It’s a pretty spa with insanely well designed treatments and even better therapists performing them. I have reviewed dozens of spas in the past year and this one really stood out for me, especially the foot massage chillout zone. My suggestion is to do a quick tour on day one so you don’t feel disappointed later that you didn’t go enough like me 🙂 Seriously, it’s that good!
- The View Restaurant & Bar! Okay yes, part of the reason why I love ‘The View’ is because it is so aptly named but that’s not the whole story. Each of the local Thai chefs from the kitchen has brought a bit of his or her regional flavours to their all-Thai dinner menu and it is FAB-U-LOUS! Diverse and fresh and tasty, you’ll love it.
- The App! There’s an app-like web portal that guests can use to order room service, book transport, make a special request, or even ping housekeeping for more body butter. It’s a wonderful system that helps bridge the language barrier and streamlines communications … I found it inventive, helpful, and quite fun to use if I’m being completely honest 😉
My biggest complaint was that my Love Oceanview Room had no bathtub, which I hadn’t realised. Even at home I love ending my day with a glass of wine and Netflix but on holiday it’s a pampering essential. If that’s you as well, simply book the suite (that’s what I’m doing next time). You’ll have the same wowza view plus a gorgeous freestanding tub and extra lounge space.
Connect With Mantra Samui Resort
- For more information or to make a reservation, visit their website.
- Be sure to follow Mantra on Instagram for a steady stream of “man, I wish that was me” island life. And for special offers and to stay updated on special events or menu changes, be sure to like them on Facebook.
My Other Koh Samui Videos
- Luxury Guide to Koh Samui with first-timers info like the best airline, SIM card choices, where to exchange money, best sunset cruise and night market, and more.
- Sunset Cruise aboard the Private Yacht the Clear Sky
© 2017, Angela Carson and LuxuryBucketList.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.
My Leica VLOGGING KIT
– Leica V-Lux Camera with 4K video and 25 – 400mm zoom from YL Camera Malaysia
– Selfie moments:shot on my iPhone using a leather and gold MOMAX Selfie Pro stick
– Music: epidemicsound.com
– Black on black Billingham Hadley One Bag