Given that I wasn’t sure exactly what to expect on my first proper cruise in Asia, I am delighted to report that I absolutely adored my week at sea aboard Royal Caribbean’s Mariner of the Seas. So much so that I am already trying to plan a 2017 cruise on another one of their itineraries! My first voyage was out of Singapore on their 5 day / 4 night cruise up and down the calm waters of the Straight of Malacca that stops in Klang, Malaysia and Phuket, Thailand. Since I live in Kuala Lumpur I chilled out the day we ported in Klang but in Phuket I took a full day excursion to sail around on a long boat in Phang Nga Bay and it was fabulous!
Mariner of the Seas is a perfect getaway choice for anyone living in Asia and definitely a PERFECT way to see more of Asia while completely relaxing if you’re heading this way on holiday.
TIPS for Mariner of the Seas (watch video for FULL TOUR!):
- Book a Suite! I was in a lovely Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with a Balcony (category E2, cabin 8610), which I thoroughly enjoyed. Next time I am definitely booking a suite though. Some have hot tubs on the veranda (no longer just a balcony!), they are roomier, and they have full access to the Club Lounge and all that you’d expect with it.
- Stay Connected! The WIFI packages are so inexpensive, I pre-ordered the 1-device service and shared it (one connection at a time) between my MacBook and iPhone during my entire stay with zero problems.
- Dine in the Speciality Restaurants! For me, I was happiest in the specialty restaurants. The service is more attentive, it’s a much smaller and more of a fine dining dining space so there were no kids running around, etc.
- Sail Around Phuket! Take the Phang Nga Bay excursion in Phuket for a fun-filled day exploring their gorgeous natural landscapes, sailing around James Bond Island, and walking through the narrow paths in a lovely Muslim village built above water on stilts.
Connect with Mariner of the Seas
- For more information or to book a Royal Caribbean cruise in Asia on the Mariner of the Seas, visit their website.
- Be sure to follow Royal Caribbean Asia on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for a daily dose of travel inspiration.
© 2017, Angela Carson and LuxuryBucketList.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.